The Nanotechnology Characterization Lab (NCL) provides nanotechnology formulation and characterization services for universities, the pharmaceutical industry and other government programs. Since our founding in 2004, the NCL has characterized more than 400 different nanomedicines for more than 100 organizations worldwide. We are currently seeking a Formulation Scientist to join our team. Those having experience with liposomes, micelles, and emulsions are especially encouraged to apply.
The scientist in this role will provide support for chemical synthesis, nanoformulation, and scale-up to NCL's formulation customers. In addition, he/she will assist in physicochemical characterization and development of new analytical methods for evaluating nanomedicines.
The candidate should possess a doctoral degree from an accredited college/university in pharmaceutical science, analytical chemistry, medicinal chemistry, biomedical engineering or related discipline. In addition, candidates should have had two (2) or more years of competent, innovative research experience beyond doctoral training in a related field of specialty. Familiarity with drug development and the pharmaceutical industry; understanding of CMC for IND/IDE applications; and some knowledge of drug metabolism-pharmacokinetics (DMPK) are highly desirable.
In addition, the candidate is expected to demonstrate:
- Strong synthetic and analytical skills with respect to the formulation of small and complex macromolecules using nanotechnology-based drug delivery platforms.
- Strong background in lipid and/or polymer chemistry, as well as in-depth understanding of nanomaterials physicochemical properties and their characterization.
- Experience with physicochemical characterization of nanoparticles using state-of-the-art instrumentation and methods such as SEC, MALLS/DLS, AFFFF, MS, TEM, NMR, AFM, HPLC, SANS and SAXS.
- Experience preparing data summaries and scientific presentations in the form of lectures, posters and manuscripts.
- Ability to perform complex assignments independently as well as work effectively as part of an interdisciplinary team.
To read the full job announcement, or to apply, please visit https://leidosbiomed.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=4&c=leidosbiomed&id=193